You’re thinking about getting the Pug, after all, they are so adorable. You’re hesitating because you’ve heard a lot of things about the Pug fur shedding problem. Don’t worry, we’ll answer some of the most common questions and concerns regarding their hair. Pugs are NOT hypoallergenic dogs and you should know what to expect before you decide if this is the right pet for you.
I lived with a Pug for 16 years and have first-hand experience with how much a Pug sheds. I’ll answer some of the most important or most common questions that people have regarding this breed. Plus, we’ll look at other Pug hair issues like caring, color, hair loss and so much more.
Be sure to bookmark this page as we’ll be updating it constantly with more questions, concerns, and caring for the adorable Pug fur.
Pug Fur Your Most Common Questions
We’ve rounded up some of the most common questions regarding the Pug dog hair. Get all your questions answered regarding their fur.
1. Do Pugs Shed? Yes, this breed has a double-layered coat and this causes them to shed more than any other breed.
2. Can I Shave My Pug? I totally understand how annoying it can be to see that dog hair all over your floors, but experts recommend not shaving your Pug..find out why.
3. Do Pugs Have Hair or Fur? What’s the difference and how can you really tell? We’ll show you everything you need to know to help you determine which one this breed has.
4. How To Control Pug Shedding? We’ll share some tips on how how to control dog hair in the house with some simple and proven tips.
5. Do Pugs Have An Undercoat? Find out what it is which other breeds have it and what it means for both you and your dog.
6. Why Is My Pug Losing Hair? Find out what causes a Pug to lose their hair as well as some natural remedies you can implement to help your pup.
7. When Do Pugs Start Shedding? Does a Pug start shedding the day they are born or does the shedding cycle affect them when they reach a certain age?
8. Do Pugs Change Color? Find out what causes their hair to change color as your dog ages. Like us, there are many reasons that can cause their hair to lighten.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve taken the time to answer some of the most common questions regarding dog hair. These usually don’t require a long in-depth answer.
When Do Pugs Stop Shedding?
Unfortunately, this breed will shed 365 days throughout their lifetime. Unlike other dogs that shed most when they start losing their winter coats, a Pug continues to shed throughout all the different seasons.
Does Dog Food Affect Shedding?
Yes, a good high quality dog food can help control shedding and dry skin. That being said, a good nutrition can help reduce shedding, but it won’t completely eliminate the shedding completely.
How to Stop My Pug From Shedding?
This breed sheds a lot, and unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do to stop it. You can control it through diet and proper grooming, but due to their double coat, they will always lose some hair.
When Should I Worry About My Pug Shedding Too Much?
If you start noticing your dog shedding more than usual, you’ll want to first rule out seasonal changes, your dogs age, the last time you bathed them, and the color of your Pug’s coat. Fawn Pugs shed more all the above are normal triggers that are responsible for canine shedding problems.