Most pet owners are sick and tired of giving their Pugs a common name that is extremely common. That’s why we’ve put together a huge list of exotic Pug names that are perfect for your four-legged friend. You won’t find typical names like “Daisy, Fido, or Scooter. Instead, we’ve taken inspiration from exotic places, aliens, etc to come up with creative ideas.
Exotic Pug Names
Choosing an exotic dog name doesn’t mean you have to live on a tropical island. It can just mean that your Pug obsesses over the beach and enjoys spending time on the beach. In our list, you’ll find names from many different countries (including imaginary lands) that hold great importance or just sound really cool.
We’ve done our best to find exotic names for Pug puppies, adults, and senior dogs. So no matter what age you buy, rescue or adopt your Pug, these names will work perfectly.
Exotic Female Pug Names
Exotic Male Pug Names
Tropical and Exotic Island Pug Names
Pugs are lap dogs and love to lounge around. If your Pug enjoys sunbathing, or just lounging on the couch, consider naming them after one of these exotic tropical islands. Whether your dog loves to travel, you’ll be inspired to visit the tropics whenever you say their name.
- Phi Phi
Pug Names Inspired By Exotic Destinations
Most people will think about tropical islands when they think about exotic destinations. However, there are several other places that aren’t on a hot, sandy beach. Some of them may be new to you, but they can work great, especially if you’re looking for unique Pug names.
Exotic Vehicle Pug Names
Are you into luxury cars? Exotic vehicles are beautiful and luxurious that turn heads whenever they make an appearance. Pugs resemble the qualities of these vehicles as they can be pricey, and are bold and beautiful. Therefore, naming your pup after one of these exotic vehicles makes perfect sense.
Exotic Fruit Pug Names
Who doesn’t love eating fruit? Even Pugs love to eat fruit. If you’re a fruit lover or love making different types of fruit smoothies, you’ll love these exotic fruit names that will work for either male or female Pugs.
- Pacay – ice cream bean
- Chayote – native to Mexico
- Calamansi – a mix between a lime and an orange
- Durian – intense aroma
- Pomelo – originated from Southeast Asia
- Kiwano – African cucumber
- Atemoya – a hybrid between the cherimoya and sugar-apple
- Persimmon – Fruit of the gods
- Feijoa – a sweet fruit with flavors of pineapple, apple, and mint
Exotic Food Names
Are you a food fanatic that loves preparing dishes from different cultures around the world? If so, then you’ll love some of the names of these exotic dishes. Although no normal, some of these weird dishes make a great name for your four-legged friend.
- Hormiga – Ant
- Maggot – Maggot Cheese in Sardinia Italy
- Sannakji – Live octopus in Korea
- Locust – Bugs in Myanmar
- Basashi – Raw horse meat in Japan
- Cuy – Guinea pig in Ecuador
- Morcilla – Blood sausage in Spain
- Camel – Burger in Morocco
- Mopane – Worms in South Africa
- Durian – Fruit in SE Asia
Unusual and Exotic Wines
When you think about exotic, do vintage wines come to mind? If so, you’re in luck. There are several varieties of wine names that will work great for your pup. You’ll likely be one of the few pet parents using one of these unsual names.
- Barbera – Northwest Italy
- Charbono – France
- Dolcetto – Northern Italy
- Gamay – Switzerland
- Malbec – Austria
- Grenache – Southern France
- Syrah – France
Unique & Bizarre Animal Names
Have you ever considered giving your best friend a rare and exotic animal name. There are several exotic animals that would make a good pet name for your furbaby. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites that can double as a unique animal and name for your Pug.
- Agouti – Rodents from South America
- Gennet – The spotted Gennet resembles a cat crossed with a ferret
- Binturong – Bearcat
- Prevost – A squirrel that lives on the Malay Peninsula
- Hyrax – closest living relatives to elephants
- Tyra – Found in the wild in Central and South America
- Zorilla – Members of the weasel family found in Africa
- Patagonian – Patagonian Maras are large rodents native to Argentina
- Kinkajou – rainforest mammals that live in Central and South America
- Paca – Large South American rodent
Exotic Pug Names With An Asian Flare
Asia is the largest continent in the world. It has one of the largest populations and is extremely diverse in culture. If you love the culture and diversity, chances are you’ll love some of these Asian names for your pooch.
|Aki||Autumn or bright|
|Karima||Generous and nobile in Arabic|
|Priya||love. in Sanskrit/Indian|
|Kali||black in Hindu|
|Ruwa||Beauty in Arabic|
|Kameko||Superior child in Japanse|
|Bao||Precious treasure in Chinese|
|Haneul||Heaving, sky in Korean|
|Akeno||beautiful sunrise or dawn|
|Rangsey||Seven colors of Cambodian|
Exotic Bird Names
Birdwatching is a popular hobby for many people. There are several exotic-sounding birds that are extremely beautiful. Some of these names sound peculiar and bizarre but can double as a name of a bird and a name for your small Pug.
- Macaw – Large colorful parrot from North and South America
- Senegal – native to West Africa
- Lorikeet – The Rainbow Lorikeet lives in the coastal regions of Southern Australia
- Puffin – Iceland is the breeding home
- Cockatoo – 14 different species live in Australia
- Heron – The Capped Heron is a water bird native to the South of Brazil
- Condor – The California Condors live in Central Southern California
Hopefully, this huge list of exotic pet names will help you come up with the perfect name for your Pug. If you can’t find anything on this list, be sure to visit our archive of Pug names for more ideas.